License Information
Do I need a license?

Hunters and Anglers that are 16 yrs or older are required to possess a license in Arkansas. See the AGFC Code of Regulations for additional information.

Who qualifies as a resident of Arkansas?

A resident is any person who physically inhabits a bona fide residence within Arkansas for at least 60 days and declares themselves a full-time resident of Arkansas. See the AGFC Code of Regulations for additional information and exceptions.

Why is my Social Security Number required?

The collection of a Social Security Number is a requirement when purchasing fishing an hunting licenses mandated by Federal and State of Arkansas law for the purpose of child support collection. Once collected, your SSN will be securely hashed and not viewable in its original plaintext form by anyone including AGFC employees.

WMA Permit Draws
Why do I need a permit on some WMA public lands?

To prevent overcrowding on popular WMAs, the AGFC limits some hunting opportunities through a permit draw system. Lowering hunter numbers not only regulates harvest, it offers a better hunting experience for the hunters who draw the tags. 

How do I apply for a WMA Deer Hunt Permit
Applications must be submitted at AGFC by the application deadline to be eligible. Applications require a nonrefundable $5 application fee per hunt type. Permit winners will be notified by e-mail (an e-mail address must be included with each application).
AGFC Mobile App
How Do I download the mobile app?

If a user has the old version of the app, they can go to their app center and download the update. If the update is not visible, they can refresh the updates on an iPhone by tapping the screen and pulling down. If a user does not have the old app, they can download the new one in the Apple or Android app store.

Will someone be able to delete a game check completed offline?

When someone does not have cell phone service, they will be able to go through the same game check process. The game check will be logged on the device, and the app will automatically submit the game check when the device detects service.

Will the app work on all devices?
The mobile app is designed to run of iOS 8.0 or newer and Andriod 11 or newer.  Older operating systems are not supported.
Why are weather conditions or near me locations not showing up?

When a user first updates or downloads the app they will be given the opportunity to allow location services. You must allow these services for certain features like weather conditions and location services to function properly.

Education Classes
Who Needs a Hunter Education Card?
Anyone born after 1968 must complete a hunter education course and carry a valid hunter education card to hunt in Arkansas. Children under 16 may hunt without hunter education as long as they are under the direct supervision of an adult who is 21 years old or older. There is no specific age requirement to enroll in hunter education and the educational material is based on a sixth-grade reading level.
Does my Hunter Education Card have to be from Arkansas?
Arkansas recognizes hunter education cards from other states. Arkansas’s hunter education program is recognized in all states, as well as in Canada and Mexico.
Who Needs a Boating Education Card?
Anyone born on or after Jan. 1, 1986, and of legal age to operate a motorboat or sailboat, must have successfully completed an approved AGFC Boating Education Course and carry proof while operating a motorboat or sailboat on Arkansas water. See the AGFC Code of Regulations for additional information and requirements.
How do I replace my Hunter’s Education or Boater’s Education card?

To replace your card go to or call 1-800-830-2268.

How do I take the Hunter Education Course?
The traditional and preferred hunter education method is through a free 10-hour, instructor-led classroom and hands-on demonstration. Classes may be a few hours a night for three to four nights or a full Saturday. The final class ends with a test to pass the course. Visit AGFC for additional information.
Rules and Regulations
Where do I find a specific regulation?

AGFC guidebooks contain an interpretive summary of the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission’s hunting and fishing regulations and covers only the regulations that most commonly affect hunters and anglers. It is not a legal document, and the official regulations of the Commission take precedence over this summary. The official Arkansas Game and Fish Commission Code of Regulations is available at

How do I tag a deer?
Immediately upon harvest and before moving the deer, check the deer via or by calling 833-289-2469 or 501-227-2285 then no tagging is required.
• Attach one of the tags provided with your license in a waterproof, zip-closed container to the antler or ear.
• Create your own tag using any other durable material. Include your name, customer id number, and the date, time, and zone of your harvest written legibly in ink.

To begin, select a question from a category above